Welcome to the Teengagement® Practitioner Network! This site is the place for educator practitioners who are committed to helping students become capable, engaged individuals.
Where am I?
You found us because you already use Teengagement® materials—or perhaps you found us from another site. No matter what brought you here, let me extend our warmest welcome.
The Teengagement® Practitioner Network (TPN) is a place of support, idea sharing, professional development, and more. It is a community of educators working together to engage students with best practices of literacy instruction.
What are we about?
If you are a teacher then you are what this site is all about. You don’t have to already use Teengagement® materials to benefit from all the resources we have to offer on the TPN.
Your ideas, your questions, and your collaboration drive the content here. At Teengagement®, we know that teachers—specifically the relationships built between teachers and their students—can have as much or more of an impact on student learning than any set of standards or materials.
How do I get Started?
Then, the best thing you can do is explore the Practitioner Network. Click on everything! See the next section for ideas on what to do.
What can I do?
On the network you can find:
- Unit of Study Announcements, detailed announcements of our newest Units of Study as they are published and made available to our subscribers
- Unit of Study Previews, exclusive early access video previews of our forthcoming Units of Study before they are published
- Articles by master educators covering middle school, high school, standards-based learning, and all topics important in adolescent literacy today
- First hand accounts by master educators using our materials in classrooms with how-to instruction, results, and feedback.
- Video webcasts by our master educators
- Educator and peer commentary
Engaged Students Achieve More
The Teengagement® Way is something you’ll read a lot about here, but the overarching concept is pretty simple: Engaging, research-based content, taught with fidelity by teachers who invest in their students, will produce students who can think, question, and make a positive contribution to society.
Our mission is “to inspire and equip youth to live principle-centered lives.” As you can see, you are critical to making this mission statement a reality. We invite you to join us in implementing the Teengagement® Way. Welcome!